HDFC ERGO reiterates its commitment on making health insurance Accessible, Affordable and Convenient with launch of 6 new products and 2 service upgrades
Telugu super news, India, october 18th,2023: HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company, India’s leading private sector general insurance company, has launched path-breaking suite of health insurance products and services to make health insurance Accessible, Affordable and Convenient. These health solutions and services, which are meticulously designed to address the evolving needs and aspirations of Indian citizens, will elevate the convenience and accessibility in India’s health insurance sector.
With the rising cost of healthcare across India and health related uncertainties caused by recent COVID pandemic, it has become even more necessary to have comprehensive health insurance coverages and stay protected. In background of this emerging need, HDFC ERGO has unveiled a range of new products and services, which aims to open up a new dimension in health insurance sector and provide the customers greater accessibility to health care facilities not only in India but also abroad. The company has launched key upgrades to its existing Optima Secure product, which also happens to be one of the most preferred products for the health insurance customers in India
The Company has also introduced new service upgrades, which will address the key issues faced by the customers during their cashless hospitalisation, and thereby provide a greater convenience for the customers.
Speaking on the launch, Parthanil Ghosh, President- Retail Business, HDFC ERGO General Insurance, said, “As a ‘Customer First’ organisation and a leading insurer in India, we at HDFC ERGO consider it as our responsibility to encourage our customers to stay protected with health insurance solutions. Continued with our efforts to fulfil this aspiration, we recognised the need to enhance our current health insurance plans and services, so as to make health insurance more accessible, affordable and convenient. We understand that today’s customers look for customised solutions instead of one-size-fits-all approach, and our newly launched health solutions address this need. We believe that our innovative and customisable features of our products and services will deepen the ‘trust’ of the Indian citizens towards health insurance, and act as an impetus in insurance inclusion within the country.”
The New Products at a Glance:
- Optima Secure: Enhancements
- Global plans: One can now get treatment anywhere on the globe.
- An industry first initiative, providing an option to cover travel expenses of a person supporting the insured at the time of need
- New deductible options: Higher deductibles up to 5 lakhs, to further lower the premium as a part of the base policy. This feature also comes with an option to reinstate the full cover after 5 years of policy period or 50 years of age, whichever happens later.
- Individual Personal Accident Rider: Add-on cover which provides lumpsum pay out in case of Accidental Death, Permanent Total Disablement and Permanent Partial Disablement
- Special discount for NRIs: The Company is also launching for the first time in the country, special discounts up to 40% for Non-Resident Indians (NRIs); this will be available for NRIs from the 3rd week of November
- Optima Wellbeing: An OPD subscription with end-to-end cashless mode
- An industry first initiative to avail unlimited tele & in-person consultations, and free home sample collections
- Discounts up to 40% on Diagnostics and Medicines
- Cashless ecosystem
This product will be launched first in Mumbai, and will soon be extended to the other cities
- My: Health Koti Suraksha
- An enhanced personal accident insurance with higher sum insured up to Rs. 5 crores
- Coverage against Accidental Death, Permanent Total Disablement and Permanent Partial Disablement
- Explorer: A revamped travel insurance
- Coverage: Insures Health Emergencies, Flight Mishaps and various In-Trip crisis
- Tailor made plans: Covers varied target segments from value seekers to premium buyers
- All-in-one: Family coverage in a single policy
First-of-its-kind Services for Cashless Claims in India
- Early discharge from hospitals
- Seamless discharge process for cashless hospitalisation – Customers need not wait for long approval procedures during their discharge, and can be released as soon as the hospital signs the discharge summary for patients undergoing cashless hospitalisation
This facility is currently available with 25 network hospitals located at 16 cities from across 14 states of India, and will be extended to other cities soon
- Per-approved cashless facilities for all chronic patients
- Approval at one go for chronic patients – The patients undergoing cashless hospitalisation for chronic diseases like chemotherapy, dialysis and radiotherapy can now avail single approval to avail cashless hospitalisation for multiple times for the same ailment at the same health care facility
Both the above service features are being introduced for the first time by any insurer in India and is expected to provide peace of mind to the family members of the policyholders undergoing treatment for such chronic diseases.
Founded in the year 2002, HDFC ERGO has been consistently bringing in innovative tech-enabled health insurance products and solutions to provide convenience and ease to its customers. Recently the company unveiled insurance led eco-system ‘here.’, a unique one-stop platform, one of the propositions of which is addressing customers’ anxiety on health care and providing them with credible information on this space.
Also, the company is among the pioneers in India to introduce interest free instalment-based health insurance, alleviating the financial burden on policyholders. The company’s extensive network of over 12,000 cashless health care providers assures hassle-cashless treatment to its policyholders. With a remarkable claim settlement ratio of 99% for accident and health claims in FY 23, the company underscores its commitment to democratise insurance and deliver efficient and hyper-personalised customer-centric services.
For more details on HDFC ERGO’s health insurance products, please visit: https://www.hdfcergo.com/health-insurance.