THE WIMBLEDON PUBLIC BALLOT OPENS FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIPS 2024 AND CELEBRATES CENTENARY MILESTONE
Telugu super news,India, october 3rd, 2023: The All England Lawn Tennis Club on Tuesday announced the opening of the Wimbledon Public Ballot for The Championships 2024, to be staged 1-14 July. First launched in 1924 and celebrating its centenary next year, the Ballot is intended to be the fairest means of obtaining tickets for The Championships.
Applications for the Wimbledon Public Ballot will be accepted during a 15-day period from Tuesday 26 September, until 23.59 British Summer Time (BST) on Tuesday 10 October. All prospective applicants must register for a free myWIMBLEDON account in order to be eligible to enter the Ballot. Further information and the link to enter are available here.
The Wimbledon Public Ballot attracted record levels of applications to attend The Championships 2023, with renewed interest from fans internationally, led by USA, Ireland, Italy, and Germany. This year’s Championships saw a record attendance declared with 532,651 guests through the gates during the Fortnight.
To mark the centenary milestone, the All England Club has released a set of archive images and video content of the Wimbledon Public Ballot and ticketing operation from the last 100 years, reflecting the Club’s unique approach to ticketing the traditionally popular event. These assets can be downloaded here.
Sally Bolton, Chief Executive of the All England Club, commented: “While so much about The Championships has evolved during the last 100 years, the tradition of holding the Wimbledon Public Ballot for tickets endures and remains a unique element of our approach to ticketing. Following record interest this year, it’s now time to look ahead to The Championships 2024 and we encourage all fans to ensure they enter the Ballot by Tuesday 10 October to be in with a chance of joining us here at SW19 next year.”
Interest in The Championships and attending via the Wimbledon Public Ballot is also growing in India. In July this year, the All England Club held its first guest engagement event in Mumbai, giving hundreds of fans the opportunity to meet Grand Slam champion and legend of the sport, Leander Paes, and India’s current No.1 women’s tennis player, Ankita Raina.
Former Wimbledon Champion Leander Paes commented: “For tennis fans across the world, Wimbledon is pilgrimage, and the Wimbledon Public Ballot gives everyone an equal opportunity to secure tickets for The Championships. I have many fond memories of playing on the world’s most prestigious tennis stage and, trust me, being amongst the tennis-crazy fans at SW19 is something that you will cherish for life.”
Ankita Raina added: “Watching Wimbledon live is a dream come true for every tennis fan across the globe, and the Wimbledon Public Ballot gives you this opportunity to enter the draw for tickets. I encourage you to submit your application and, hopefully, you will be amongst those lucky fans enjoying the action live at Wimbledon next year.”
Those wishing to enter the Wimbledon Public Ballot are encouraged to take note of the below information:
· The Championships 2024 will be staged from Monday 1 to Sunday 14 July.
· Register for a free myWIMBLEDON account and ensure your ‘Consents and Preferences’ are set to hear from the All England Club about tickets and ballots, and that you can be contacted by email. Register here.
· Entries for the Wimbledon Public Ballot will be open between Tuesday 26 September, and 23.59 BST Tuesday 10 October. Ballot applications will be accepted at any point during this timeframe; there is no advantage to applying earlier within the application period.
· Entering the Wimbledon Public Ballot doesn’t automatically entitle you to tickets, but it will give you a place in the draw. Successful applicants will be contacted from November 2023 via email.
· We can only accept one application for a maximum of two tickets per myWIMBLEDON account, per email address and per household. Please note, your application will be invalidated if another member of your household applies from the same address.
· Except for the one ticket that you can transfer to your guest, you must use the tickets yourself – please do not apply for tickets as a gift or to sell.
· It is not possible to request tickets for specific days or courts, as these are randomly chosen by a computerised selection process.
· Further information about the Wimbledon Public Ballot – and to enter for The Championships 2024 – can be found here.