Rotary Club of Hyderabad Deccan (RI District 3150) conducts a Fund Raising Rally – Deccan Accelerates for Charity 2024
6thJanuary 2024: The funds raised from this event would be deployed towards building a Diagnostic Centre for poor and needy at CR Foundation, Kondapur, Hyderabad. The Rotary Club of Hyderabad Deccan (RCHD), a part of the global network of Rotary International, was chartered in 1988, and has more than 70 members from various vocations. RCHD has a proud tradition of fellowship and friendship, service and contribution to the Rotary Foundation.
The Rotary Club of Hyderabad Deccan conducts charity events to raise funds to complete many community service projects. This year we have planned a fund raiser Deccan Accelerates for Charity – a Time, Speed and Distance Car Rally. This rally is being conducted from Hyderabad to Hampi in aid of building a Diagnostic Centre for poor and needy at Kondapur, Hyderabad.
There were over 20 cars participating in the rally and this was flagged off on 6th January 2024 from Solitaire Global Schools, Attapur. Speaking on the occasion the president of RCHD Rtn.Anil Ramchandani said, “This is the first time we at RCHD are conducting a Time, Speed and Distance Car Rally. We have had an overwhelming response with nearly 100 participants and our sponsors have been generous to contribute Rs. 40 lakhs from their CSR funds for this cause. We thank them for this gesture and look forward to their support in the years to come.”
About The Rotary Club of Hyderabad Deccan
Rotary is a global network of 1.4 million neighbours, friends, leaders, and problem-solvers who see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change – across the globe, inour communities, and in ourselves.
Solving real problems takes real commitment and vision. For more than 110 years, Rotary’s people of action have used their passion, energy, and intelligence to take action on sustainable projects. From literacy and peace to water and health, we are always working to better our world, and we stay committed to the end.
The Rotary Club of Hyderabad Deccan [RCHD], located at Hyderabad City, India was chartered in 1988. Today, it has 71 members and is one of the leading clubs in the country. Its Rotarians are industry leaders from various classifications and have a consistent track record of service to humanity. Since the inception of RCHD, its members have personally contributed over Rs.10 crore towards charitable causes and have raised several times that amount by their fund-raisers.
RCHD is extremely active with service projects in the community. RCHD has impacted lives of over 20,000 school going children by providing them with toilets, safe water, classrooms and desks, and over 200,000 villagers by provision of RO plants in fluorosis affected areas.
RCHD has completed several global grant projects in partnership with the Rotary Foundation and the Rotary Club of Naperville Chicago. These include:
- A 15-bed Dialysis Centre at Secunderabad, housed in the Secunderabad Gurudwara and run by the Mahavir Charitable Trust, has provides over 10,000 dialysis every year at a cost of a mere Rs. 300 each.
- A state of art Blood Bank at a total cost of over Rs. 2 Crores, which has collected over 10000 units of blood used by the needy.
- A 3-laser, 11 channel cytometer setup at and run by the Basavatarakam Indo American Cancer Hospital & Research Institute (BIACH&RI) for free specialized diagnostic services to children from families below the poverty line (BPL) suffering from Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia (ALL)
- A charitable Diagnostic Centre and PolyClinic at Gurudwara Medical Centre in Secunderabad which serves over 7000 patients every month free or at very nominal rates
- Currently RCHD is working on setting up a charitable Diagnostic Centre and PolyClinic at CR Foundation, Kondapur.
Some more highlights about RCHD:
- Has one Arch Klump Society Members, 10 Major Donors and is a 100% Paul Harris club
- Consistently does over 12 service projects in a year and also partners with clubs in smaller towns to do service projects in their areas
- Consistent Track record of Global Grant Projects with some of them being referred as ‘Examples of a Perfect project’ by Rotary International in Institute meetings
- Has sponsored four Rotary Clubs, whose members have risen to Dist Governor post
- Has sponsored several Interact Clubs and a Rotaract Club
- Has sponsored two International projects in Nepal and Bangladesh