PhonePe Announces the Launch of the Indus Appstore Developer Platform
– Invites all Android app developers to list their applications on the newly launched Indus Appstore Developer Platform
– App Listing on the Indus Appstore Developer Platform will be free for the first year
– Indus AppStore will have Zero Commission on In-App Payments
– The Appstore will also have a “Launch Pad” for new developers to onboard their apps and provide them with better visibility & search optimization
Telugu super news,National, 2023: PhonePe, today announced the launch of the Indus Appstore Developer Platform. With this launch, Indus Appstore is inviting all Android app developers to register and upload their apps using the self-serve developer platform www.indusappstore.com. These apps will be listed on the soon to be launched “Made-in-India” Indus Appstore, offering a localized experience in 12 languages, completely customized for Indian audiences.
App listings on the Indus Appstore Developer Platform will be free for the first year, post which a nominal annual fee will apply. The Indus Appstore will not charge developers any platform fee or commission for In-App Payments. Developers will be free to integrate any payment gateway of their choice inside their own apps.
Speaking of the launch, Akash Dongre, CPO & Co-Founder, Indus Appstore said, “India is poised to have over 1 billion smartphone users by 2026 offering us a massive opportunity to build a new-age, localized Android app store. Despite being such a large consumer market, app developers have always been forced to work with only one app store – Google Playstore – for distributing their apps. Indus Appstore hopes to provide app developers a credible alternative to the Google Playstore – one that is more localized and offers better app discovery and consumer engagement. We are excited to open up the Indus Appstore Developer Platform today, and invite all developers to list their app on the Made-in-India app store.”
The Indus Appstore will provide developers an alternative distribution channel to tap into the Indian Android market. It will also assist them with high-quality user acquisition through multilingual app discovery. For startups and new app launches, Indus Appstore will have a dedicated destination called “Launch Pad” to provide these new apps with better visibility as well as search optimization. It will also offer several developer tools and features that address the challenges faced by most Android developers, including a dedicated round-the-clock customer support team based in India, the option to list their app in 12 Indian languages besides English and the ability to boost brand awareness via engaging videos.
Here’s what sets Indus Appstore apart:
1. Mobile Number based login which is extremely helpful in a market where many consumers don’t even have an email account
2. Zero commission for In-App payments
3. Zero listing fees for the first year
4. India-based support team available via email or chat bot as well as dedicated account managers to solve developer queries swiftly
5. Cohort-based targeted release management that will allow developers to roll out newer app versions to relevant user cohorts
6. AI-powered real-time monitoring of app vitals during a new version launch
7. Real-time analytics, deep insights on industry trends, and competitor analysis to help developers adopt best practices
8. Intelligent & faster app updates that will allow users to get updated to the latest version much faster