What is Spotify Wrapped, and how can you access it?
Telugu super news,India, 2022: If you listen to music or podcasts on Spotify, then you’re probably familiar with Wrapped. If not, then get ready to experience it for the first time. It’s a summary of everything you’ve listened to in 2022, including your favourite songs, artists, podcasts, and more.
Launched in India 4 years ago, Spotify Wrapped is an interactive and personalised in-app experience that gets listeners excited about what their year in audio has been like. Every year, across the world, millions of eligible Spotify users celebrate this annual tradition of self-expression, and share their love for audio on social media and beyond. Here’s who made it to the top lists in India this year:
- Singer-composer Arijit Singh remains the most streamed artist on Spotify in India for the third year in a row, followed by Pritam at #2, A.R. Rahman at #3, Anirudh Ravichander at #4, and Shreya Ghoshal at #5.
- “Excuses” by AP Dhillon, Intense, Gurinder Gill is the most streamed song on Spotify in India, with over 19 crore streams in 2022, followed by “Pasoori” by Shae Gill, Ali Sethi, Zulfiqar Jabbar Khan, Abdullah Siddiquii at #2 and “Kesariya” by Pritam, Arijit Singh, Amitabh Bhattacharya at #3
- Sidhu Moosewala’s “Moosetape” is the most streamed album by Spotify listeners in India, followed by “Shershaah”, AP Dhillon’s “Hidden Gems”, “Kabir Singh”, and Pritam’s “Brahmastra”.
- This year’s most popular editorial playlist on Spotify in India is Hot Hits Hindi, followed by more than 11 lac listeners. Punjabi 101, Latest Tamil, Hot Hits Tamil, and Bollywood Mush are the other much-loved playlists.
- As for podcasts, The Sex Podcast by Leeza Mangaldas is the most streamed podcast on Spotify in India this year, followed by The Mythpat Podcast, The Ranveer Show, Chanakya Niti, and On Purpose with Jay Shetty.
2022 Wrapped Features
This year’s Wrapped experience is filled with existing and new features that spotlight the elements of listening that make each and every fan unique. Besides the annual top lists of artists, songs, genres, and minutes of music that you streamed, there are several new features:
- New Data Stories to Express Your Year in Audio: Your Listening Personality is a new, playful feature that not only tells you about the music you listen to but what that says about your music taste. Fans will learn which of 16 different Spotify-created Listening Personality types they are, based on their 2022 listening trends. Additionally, Audio Day is an interactive story that gives you a peek into how your music taste evolves throughout the day.
- Your Artist Messages: This was a hit feature in 2021 with messages from more than 100 artists and this year we’ve expanded to include messages from more than 40,000 artists including Anirudh Ravichander, Anuv Jain, Armaan Malik, A.R. Rahman, Asees Kaur, Badshah, Darshan Raval, G.V. Prakash, Harrdy Sandhu, Jonita Gandhi, Karan Aujla, KING, KR$NA, Neha Kakkar, Prateek Kuhad, Raftaar, Ritviz, Shreya Ghoshal, and more. With Your Artist Messages, eligible fans will get a personalised video feed with thank you messages from some of their top artists in 2022, with each video followed up by your most listened song from that artist this year.
We know that Spotify fans love to share their Wrapped cards, so now this year, we’ve added the ability to share Wrapped cards on WhatsApp and Instagram.