UPS Healthcare launches UPS Premier service across India
Telugu super news,Hyderabad August 9th,2023:UPS Healthcare has announced the expansion of its UPS Premier service to India, marking another step in ongoing service and technology upgrades to meet the evolving needs of critical time- and temperature-sensitive healthcare shipments. Indian customers will have access to UPS Premier Gold service benefits, including “first-in, first-off” prioritization, built-in service recovery features within the UPS global network, and 24/7 control tower monitoring.
UPS Premier’s key benefits include:
- Timely delivery of critical healthcare products with a priority lane in UPS’s global network, powered by advanced sensor technology.
- Meeting the complex logistics needs of pharmaceutical, medical device and laboratory testing that require visibility, traceability and integrity of supported products and materials.
- 99% On-Time Performance for global next-day deliveries of critical shipments.
“Our customers are innovating like never before, and with that comes a need for near-perfect levels of service,” said EVP and President of UPS International, Healthcare and Supply Chain Solutions Kate Gutmann. “Through this technology-enabled service, we will be able to classify and identify critical healthcare shipments before they leave our customers’ hands, offering them unprecedented control, visibility and reliability across their supply chain.”
India continues growing as a leading producer of drugs, vaccines, medical devices and biologics, driving demand for precise, temperature-controlled logistics to get these patient-critical products where needed. In fact, the Indian pharmaceutical industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12% and reach $130 billion by 2030, of which over 60% will be exported.1
India is also credited with the largest number of U.S.-FDA compliant plants (more than 262 including APIs) outside of the U.S.2. These companies need a partner to take their products to international markets, right from clinical trials to commercial scale. UPS Premier offers just that.
“India is one of the fastest-growing healthcare markets in the world and UPS Healthcare’s investment in the market adds industry-leading services for a wide range of customers, from pharmaceutical companies to hospitals and clinics,” explains UPS Healthcare President John Bolla. “UPS Premier provides the visibility and traceability that are essential to prioritizing the life-saving medications our customers ship and their customers need.”
UPS Premier Gold is now available in India offering the following additional benefits:
- Visibility is integrated within all UPS tracking systems.
- Real-time visibility, down to 1-2 meters within the network enabled by a mesh sensor that is affixed to the package alongside the address label.
- Support for critical healthcare packages including tissue samples, biopsies, implantable medical devices for scheduled surgeries, biologics, cell and gene therapies, bodily fluids, non-personalized specialty medications and surgical kits for inventory replenishment.
This year, UPS Healthcare will have more than doubled its footprint of dedicated healthcare warehousing space compared to 2020. UPS Healthcare supports customers with a team of more than 10,000 healthcare logistics experts spanning more than 200 facilities with a total of 17 million square feet of cGMP and GDP-compliant healthcare distribution space in 37 countries and territories.
1Pharmaceuticals Export Promotion Council of India (Pharmexcil).
2Department of Pharmaceuticals, India