The Muthoot Group supports 10 villages in Mandawar under Rural development programme as part of Shantigram Project
The Muthoot Group supports rural development programme, The Shantigram Project which aims at the qualitative development of the lifestyle of about 20,000 poor and underprivileged inhabitants of 10 villages in and around Mandawar, in Sohna Tehsil of Haryana. As part of this integrated rural development programme, The Muthoot Group donated a Mahindra Scorpio Car in the presence of His Holiness Baselios Marthoma Mathews III Catholicos of the East & Malankara Metropolitan. The event took place on Saturday, 27 August, 2022 at the Delhi Diocese of the Malankara Orthodox Church situated in Mandawar, in Sohna Tehsil of Haryana.
The Shantigram Project is a community development project of the Delhi Diocese of the Malankara Orthodox Church functioning under the aegis of the Sophia Society. The main objective behind donating a new Mahindra Scorpio Car to the Malankara Orthodox Church was to enable for the easy execution of their day-to-day noble and welfare activities.The Muthoot Group has always been at the forefront in performing social and community service for the well-being of the underprivileged and needy sections of the society.
Speaking on The Shantigram Project, Mr. Alexander George Muthoot, Joint Managing Director, The Muthoot Group said, “In alignment of the vision of our former Chairman Late Shri M. G. George Muthoot, The Muthoot Group has strived to be a responsible corporate citizen which has always believed in giving back to the society. While the last 2 years have been very challenging for everyone owing to the pandemic, however it is the marginalized sections of our society that have been the most impacted section. In a bid to improve the lives the financially weaker sections of the society, we are supporting The Shantigram Programme which primarily focuses on community services helping the needy and underprivileged sections of the society. “
The Muthoot Group has also been carrying out various welfare initiatives for the underserved section of the society under its CSR banner. Some of the notable activities are as follows:
· Healthcare: Supported 94,000 people during COVID-19 and set up a 16-bed COVID hospital for Kanpur Police, and helped 15 other hospitals with medical equipment.
· Food & ration distribution: Provided more than 2.67 lakh underprivileged people with cooked food and dry ration.
· Environment: Under the green initiatives, the Group has donated 24KW Solar Panel to National Association of Blind, New Delhi. The Group also donated 500 fruit saplings to 50 Tribal Farmers at Palgar District of Maharashtra.
· Education: To promote education among slum children in Kurla suburb of Mumbai, 500 School bags were distributed. The Group also donated a SMART Classroom in the Geography Department of Allahabad University in Prayagraj, U.P. which is benefitting 5000+ students every year.
· Support to Differently-abled People: As part of the CSR initiative, 500 differently-abledchildren were distributed education kits. A file making machine was also donated to 40 visually impaired students of Mumbai.
· Supporting Sustainable Livelihood: To promote self-employment practices and sustainable livelihood, The Muthoot Group has recently donated 25 sewing Machines to women beneficiaries in Dehradun and 30 manual tricycle Carts to underprivileged people in Delhi.