BSH Home Appliances enters freestanding cooking segment with Made-in-India Bosch Tabletop Cooktop
Telugu super news India,2022: BSH Home Appliances, one of the world’s leading home appliances companies announced its entry in the freestanding cooktop category. Indigenously designed at the back of extensive consumer research and manufactured in-house at BSH India’s Chennai factory, the Bosch Tabletop Cooktop is a spacious glass stove with a patented mechanism ‘Tilt-Stop-Stay’ to make cleaning of the kitchen counter top easier. These are the first and only cooktops in India to have Sabaf Brass Burners and are priced starting INR 13,900.
In line with BSH Home Appliance’s Make in India commitment, the company introduced a new production facility within its Chennai factory. Run by an all-women team, this production line is equipped to manufacture at least one lakh units per shift.
Commenting on the product launch, NeerajBahl, MD & CEO, BSH Home Appliances (India & SAARC) said, “Bosch Tabletop Cooktop will be a game-changer in India’s freestanding cooking segment. Offering highest level of safety and quality at an affordable price point, the product range is developed at the back of extensive consumer studies conducted in seven cities with over 700 consumers. In the last decade, we have witnessed steady market leadership with our built-in cooking category and we will leverage this market expertise and our understanding of the Indian cooking needs to unlock growth in the high-volume market of freestanding cooktops. The cooking category is the highest revenue contributor to BSH business globally and we aim to drive similar growth for the category in India as well. We are confident that this new product will bring us closer to our ambition of being a part of every household in India. What makes this even more special is the all-women team that will driving the production of this product range at our Chennai factory.”
Promising highest quality and safety standards, the Bosch Tabletop Cooktop comes with several unique features, many of which are firsts in India:
- Made of heavy duty, durable Sabaf brass burners for even heat distribution for perfect cooking results
- It is RoHS Compliant ensuring highest level of user safety
- Tilt-Stand (patented): Lift the front edge of the stove with extended legs to clean the platform beneath
- Manifold coating tested to last double the lifetime of the cooktop without any corrosion (Salt spray test – ISO 9227:2017)
- Long lasting vitreous enamel coating (flame proof and corrosion free)
- XXL cooking space: An extra-large cooking space between burners allowing simultaneous usage of large utensils
- A sustainable choice as it is manufactured with 80% recyclable material
In the last few years, BSH has significantly strengthened its manufacturing capacity in India and is aiming for 75% localization by 2025. The company has not only invested in manufacturing but also dedicated eight years to in-depth R&D to ensure that its product offerings and innovations are attuned to the needs of Indian consumers.